There is hardly anyone out there who would say that they hate cakes. The sweet sinful delight of the cake is something that people really enjoy, especially on a happy occasion. If you are one of those people who really like to cook and are looking for some of the best yet easy cake recipes then you have come to the right place.
#1 Vanilla Pound Cake
In order to make a Vanilla Pound cake, you would require these ingredients.
- 1 cup of unsalted butter and a little more for a pan.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour and additional for a pan.
- 1 cup sugar and ½ teaspoon salt.
- 4 Large eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
Now that you have got the ingredients, you are ready to make the cake.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 6-cup loaf pan and set it aside.
- Use a high-speed electric mixer to beat the sugar and butter until it turns light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one-by-one while beating the sugar and butter and at the end add vanilla and salt.
- Now, add the flour to the mixture slowly and continue beating at a slower speed. Continue this until the ingredients are combined.
- After this pour the contents in the loaf pan and bake it until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
#2 Chocolate Bundt Cake
If you want to satisfy your chocolate craving then this Chocolate Bundt Cake is going to be perfect for you. All you need is
- 8 ounces of unsalted butter and some more for the pan.
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour.
- ¾ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- 1 teaspoon salt and a teaspoon of baking powder.
- ½ cup milk and ½ cup of sour cream.
- 4 large eggs and 1 ½ cups of sugar.
For the glazing, you would need
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped.
- ½ cup of heavy cream and 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
Once you get all the ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and butter a 14-cup Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together baking soda, flour, cocoa, and salt.
- Mix the milk and sour cream in a glass measuring cup.
- Use an electric mixer at medium speed to beat butter and sugar until the mixture becomes fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and continue beating. Once done add vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture in two batches, alternate with milk mixture as you add flour at the beginning and at the end. Beat this mixture until everything gets combined.
- Transfer this cake batter to the pan and bake it. It would take about an hour to completely bake the cake and once the cake tester comes out clean it is complete.
Now it’s time for the glaze.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and bring the cream to simmer in a saucepan.
- Pour over the chocolate and let it stand for a couple of minutes.
- Add butter and mix it smoothly. Let it stand and stir occasionally until it thickens.
- Now, pour it over the cake and you are good to go.
In case you spent all your time making the cake then don’t worry you could order your food online and using the Foodpanda promo code would get you a great discount.
#3 Strawberry Cake
To make this delicious Strawberry cake you would need
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter. You would need additional for the pie plate.
- 1 ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon of baking soda and ½ spoon of salt.
- 1 cup of sugar and ½ cup milk.
- 1 large egg, 1 pound of strawberries chopped in half and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Now, in order to make the cake, you need to
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter a 10-inch pie plate. Add flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Add butter and sugar in a bowl and use an electric mixer on medium to mix them until it becomes pale and fluffy. Reduce the speed and add egg and the vanilla extract along with the milk.
- After reducing the speed to low mix, the flour mixture and transfer it to the pie plate. Arrange the strawberries in the batter and sprinkle two spoons of sugar on them.
- Now, bake the cake for about 10 minutes then reduce the temperature to 325 degrees.
- Continue baking until the cake turns golden brown. This would take about an hour and now it is ready to be served.
#4 Gingerbread snacking cake
Don’t get disappointed you could bake this delicious Gingerbread snacking cake by yourself. You need…..
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the pan.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour.
- 1 cup boiling water and 2 teaspoons baking soda.
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, and ½ teaspoon ground cloves.
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg, ½ teaspoon salt and 2/3 cup of dark brown sugar.
- 1 cup unsulfured molasses, 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger.
- Two large eggs and confectioner’s sugar for dusting.
Now to make the cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9X13 inch cake pan.
- Use a bowl to mix boiling water and baking soda. In another bowl add flour, ground spices, salt, and baking powder and set it aside.
- Use an electric mixer on medium speed to mix butter until it turns fluffy. Add brown sugar, molasses, ginger baking soda, and flour mixture. Add eggs.
- Add the completed batter into the baking tray and bake until an inserted toothpick comes out cleanly.
- Cut into pieces and dust with the confectioner’s sugar and it is ready to be served.
#5 Coconut-Pineapple Loaf Cake.
In order to make a Coconut-Pineapple Loaf Cake, you need
- 1 ½ cups sweetened shredded coconut.
- ½ cup unsalted butter and a little more for the pan.
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour plus a little more for the pan.
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt and 1 cup sugar.
- 3 large eggs, 1 cup sour cream and 1 can of pineapple chunks in juice (drained nicely).
Now you are ready to bake the cake.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spread the shredded coconut on the rimmed baking sheet. Bake it until they get slightly toasted and set aside.
- Butter and flour a 9X5 inch loaf pan. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Use an electric mixture on a high speed, beat butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well.
- Reduce the speed and add flour in three parts and sour cream in two and continue mixing until they combine.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold pineapple and 1 cup coconut into the batter. Spoon into a prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining shredded coconut on top.
- Now, bake it until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes and it is ready to be served.
#6 Chocolate Pudding Cake.
The sixth spot goes to Chocolate Pudding Cake which takes just 6 ingredients to be made.
- Some Butter.
- ½ cup granulated sugar and a little bit more for baking dish.
- 6 large eggs and 6 ounces of melted semi-sweet chocolate.
- ½ teaspoon salt and confectioner’s sugar.
In order to prepare the cake, you need to
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and set a kettle of water to boil. Butter a shallow 2-quart baking dish and coat it with granulated sugar.
- Use a bowl to whisk egg yolks with granulated sugar until the color lightens. Whisk in the melted chocolate and set it aside.
- Use a large bowl and beat the egg whites with an electric mixer at high until soft peaks form. Now, mix 1/3 of the whites into the chocolate mixture. Add the remaining whites and fold it with a rubber spatula until they are combined.
- Transfer the batter to the baking dish. Now place this dish into a roasting pan and add boiling water into the pan to cover 1-inch up the side of the dish. Bake and set the cake and just set. The center of the cake should barely move when jiggled. Cool for 5 minutes and dust with confectioner’s sugar before serving.
#7 Banana-Pecan Cake.
The ingredients needed to make a Banana-Pecan Cake are
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter and a little more for the pan.
- 1 cup sifted cake flour, a little more for the pan.
- ½ teaspoon baking soda and ¼ teaspoon baking powder.
- Pinch of ground cloves and a very ripe large banana.
- ¼ cup buttermilk, ½ teaspoon pure vanilla, and ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar.
- 1 large egg, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1/3 cups chopped toasted pecans.
- Confectioner’s sugar and sweetened whipped cream.
Now in order to make the cake.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 6X2-inch round cake pan. Line its bottom with parchment paper and butter and dust it with flour and set it aside.
- In a bowl add baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Use another bowl to whisk banana, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Use a large bowl to mix cream butter and brown sugar until the mixture becomes fluffy. Beat in the egg and add flour and banana mixture in alternating order.
- Stir the pecans and pour the mixture into a pan.
- Bake the batter until it turns golden brown (it will take around 45 minutes). Let it cool and then add the confectioner’s sugar and the whipped cream and serve.
#8 Applesauce Cake.
So, in order to make a delicious Applesauce cake, you would need.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour and 2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- 1 ¼ teaspoon of ground cardamom and 1 cup of unsalted butter.
- 2 cups of packed light brown sugar, ¼ cup honey, and 2 large eggs.
- 2 cups basic Applesauce
- Non-stick cooking spray and confectioner’s sugar.
To make the cake you need to
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Use a large bowl to whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cardamom and set it aside.
- Use another bowl to beat butter, brown sugar, and honey until light and fluffy. Add eggs one-by-one and continue beating the mixture.
- Now, use the mixer at low speed and add flour as you continue beating the mixture until it is combined. Beat the Applesauce as well.
- Coat a 9-inch tube pan with cooking spray in ample amount. Spoon the batter into the pan and bake the mixture until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool the finished cake on a wire rack for 10 minutes and add confectioner’s sugar before serving.
#9 Walnut Honey Cake.
One of the simplest cakes to prepare is the Walnut Honey cake. You would need
- 3 ounces walnut halves and unsalted butter.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan and 1 cup raw honey with 2-3 tablespoons for the glaze.
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce and 3 large eggs.
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon ground ginger.
Now, you are ready to make the cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in center and spread the halved walnuts in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast them in an oven for 5 minutes. When cool, pulse them into a food processor until they are chopped finely.
- Butter and flour an 8 1/2-inch spring-form pan and set it aside. Use a large bowl to combine honey and applesauce. Whisk until the honey is almost dissolved and then add eggs and whisk the mixture until everything is combined.
- Use a medium bowl to sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and ginger. Stir honey into the mixture and use a rubber spatula to fold in walnuts.
- Pour the batter into a prepared pan and bake the mixture until it turns slightly golden brown.
- Transfer the cake onto a wire rack and let it cool. While the cake is still warm use an offset spatula to spread the honey on top and it is ready to be served.
#10 Easy Chocolate Cake.
Chocolate cakes are highly popular and this one is probably one of the easiest to make. You require
- ¾ cup unsalted butter and ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon baking powder and ½ teaspoon salt.
- 1 cup sugar, 3 large eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ cup sour cream, and fudgy chocolate glaze.
- Sweetened whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Now you need to
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter an 8-inch round cake pan. Add wax paper to the bottom and dust it with cocoa powder.
- Use a medium bowl to sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt and set it aside. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until it turns light and fluffy. Beat eggs, one at a time and then add vanilla.
- Now, reduce the speed of the mixer and add flour mixture and sour cream in an alternating fashion.
- Put the batter into a pan and tap the pan firmly in order to eliminate any air bubbles. Bake the cake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the cake for 10 minutes and pour glaze followed by the whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
So, this was our list of 10 best simple cake recipes. Try some of these out as they are quite easy to make and you would definitely love them.