Holi is the festival of colors, and it’s one of the most cheerful festivals in India. People Celebrate Holi by applying colors to each other, but the chemical-rich colors can harm your skin and hair. The exposure of chemical colors can lead to skin and hair problems.
Here are few pre and post-care tips that can help you to Protect your Skin and Hair from Holi Colors.
So stop worrying about your hair and skin and enjoy the festival of colors to its fullest. Use oil, serum, face pack, sunscreen and lip balm to keep your body protected against the effect of the chemicals.
How to protect your hair from Holi colors.
Pre care Tips:
- Don’t forget to apply oil on your hair before playing Holi. If you apply oil on your hair then chemical colors will have a minimum effect.
- If you mix a few drops of lemon in the oil and apply the same on hair, it will protect your hair from the colors and reduce the chemical infection.
- If possible, trim your splits ends before playing Holi otherwise your hair can be damaged more than usual.
- If possible girls should tie their hair before playing Holi.
How to remove Holi colors from hair.
Post care Tips:
- After playing Holi, the first thing you should do is wash off your hairs with just plain water. With this, maximum of the color will come off.
- Once you have washed your hair, go for a shampoo and conditioner to clean your hair properly.
- To give your hair its moisture back, you may apply hair mask. Mix four teaspoons of honey and two teaspoons olive oil with few drops of lemon juice. Apply this mask on your hair for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- You may also use serum after washing hair which will moisturize your hair.
In case after all this if the color does not come out at one go, then do not panic as in some cases hair may take few days to retain its natural shine.
How to protect your skin from Holi colors.
- Apply oil to your face and the other uncovered parts of your body. You can use coconut oil or almond oil, this will reduce absorption of colors into your skin .
- Don’t forget to protect your nails, apply any nail polish coat before enjoying the battle of Holi. It will act as a protective layer .
- You should apply a sunscreen to your face and other parts of your body, it will work as a protective layer and prevent your skin from damage.
- It would be a great decision if you play Holi with organic colors which will not leave any bad impact on your skin and hair.
- Hydrate yourself, drink lots of water and juices and keep away from alcohol, it may be dehydrates your skin further.
- Try to wear cotton clothes and cover maximum part of your body. It will protect your skin from colors as well as from sunlight.
How to remove Holi colors from Skin.
Post Holi Skincare Tips:
- It’s great to remove colors when they are wet otherwise it is hard to remove them once dried. So try to reach your home as soon as possible and take a shower instantly.
- If possible use lukewarm water to wash off the colors. You may also use the mixture of sea salt, glycerin and few drops of rose water. This anti-bacterial mixture will prevent your skin from the toxic colors.
- Don’t rub your skin too much while removing colors, this may damage your skin. Use oil to remove the colors gently.
- Prepare and apply the paste of besan, curd, turmeric and rose water on the skin and rinse it off after 10 to 20 minutes. To remove stubborn colors, use a scrub pack.